Ford & Stanley –Specialists in Trade & Technical Recruitment are currently searching for a number of Locomotive Maintainers for a specialist client in the maintenance and servicing of rolling stock / traction vehicles.
This position will give someone the opportunity to be an integral part of the maintenance function of one of the largest maintainers of rolling stock vehicles in the UK.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Carry out general mechanical maintenance across all Rolling Stock components
- Assist with breakdown and recovery operations and other T&RS related incidents as appropriate
- Fault diagnosis and rectification on electrical, mechanical, pneumatic and hydraulic systems
- Working to Maintenance Plans (VMOI).
- Generating reports for on-going work / Condition Reports / Production Reports.
The ideal candidate will have experience as a Mechanical Technician / Engineer, with an electrical appreciation within a heavy transportation environment, along with a willingness to work with a positive attitude. They will be very safety focussed, with a keen eye for detail (Identifying key missing details to create accurate reports). The individual must be able to show that they hold strong communication skills, as you will be required to liaise with various managers and staff throughout the course of a day.
- Experience in maintenance and fault finding within a heavy transportation environment.
- NVQ 3 or equivalent in a mechanical / electrical discipline.
- Strong communication skills
- Full UK Driving License
This position is based on a 3-shift pattern
Ford & Stanley Ltd is committed to a policy of equal opportunities for all opportunity seekers. We shall always adhere to such a policy and will review on an on-going basis all aspects of recruitment to avoid unlawful or undesirable discrimination. We will treat everyone equally irrespective sex, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital or civil partnership status, age, disability, colour, race, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief or political beliefs and we place an obligation upon all staff to respect and act in accordance with the policy.