Train Maintenance Technician – Acton
6 month temp to permanent contract
£25.70 per hour – Umbrella paid (Inside IR35) – 42 hours per week
Are you looking for an opportunity to join the rail industry?
Are you a skilled mechanical or dual skilled (mechanical & electrical) Technician with an already sound understanding of engineering maintenance principles, just looking for something that will give you access to working on rail vehicles?
Have you worked on HGV or PSV within a dealer such as DAF, MAN or Volvo?
Have you worked as a Master Technician maybe on light vehicles or light goods vehicles?
Have you worked on aircraft or within the aerospace industry on maintenance hangars and are looking to take a step into something different?
We want to hear from you!
Talentwise at Ford & Stanley – The technical recruitment specialist is currently looking to speak to all Mechanical Fitters, Mechanics, Mechanical Technicians, MOT Testers, Assembly Technicians, Maintenance Technicians, Service Technicians and Mechanical Engineers, Electrical Fitters, Modifications Technicians, MODs Technicians, Locomotive Maintainers & Train Maintainers looking for their next role that feel this would suit their needs…
If this, is you, we need to speak to you…?
Your New Organisation
You will have a great opportunity to work for one of the largest train operators in the country, offering the possibility of permanent employment in which to build your skills on safety critical rail vehicles. You will work out of the Nottinghamshire site where hundreds of trains will be maintained.
You will never be short of work to complete.
Your New Opportunity
You will have the opportunity to join a well-structured and motivated team – the opportunity for the right person is long term contract role giving you an ideal opportunity to learn new skills within the rail industry and build your career. If you prove your skills amongst the experienced staff then you will be able to progress into a permanent role and therefore increased salary banding.
You will be responsible for making sure all work is carried out to the highest standard and to the standards set by the organisation.
Whilst this role is not a mobile Technician role it will sometime require the person to stay away form home at short notice for a night here and there, depending on the work required but this is not regular.
- You will be comfortable with maintenance procedures of mechanical components such as brakes, suspension and wheelsets.
- You will understand electrical, hydraulic, pneumatic and diesel engine maintenance principles
- You will be able to complete engineering instructions, follow strict guidelines and work to written specifications set by our client on how they wish for their rail vehicles to be maintained.
- As part of the above there will be full training on the systems and procedures that you will be required to carry out, this takes place in the midlands and you will need to be flexible to stay away from home for an initial 3 to 4 week period whilst this training is completed during week days.
- You will understand the use of hand tools such as torque wrenches and be physically fit enough to handle them effectively.
- Your role will be maintenance, but you will also get involved with modifications, fault finding, repairs and various other mechanical and possibly electrical tasks as required.
- You will ideally have rail experience, if not, then you will have worked on HGV’s, PSV’s, cars, plant or other mechanical equipment.
- You will need to have an NVQ Level 3 in order to qualify for this role, this doesn’t have to be a rail specific NVQ but will need to be one of a mechanical, electrical or engineering based nature.
- This vacancy is an immediate requirement and immediate start is available for the right candidate, subject to successful drug & alcohol testing and medical screen.
To apply for this role you will need to send through your most recent CV to my email address at email@example.com and I will reach out to you in due course to discuss your application.
Thank you for reading
Likely job titles: Mechanical, Mechanic, Heavy Plant, Locomotive, maintenance, HGV, PSV, Plant, Rail Plant, Agricultural machinery, rolling stock, trains, electrical, fault finding, cars, brakes, suspension, tractors.