Mechanical Fitters or Mechanical Technicians required to become a skilled locomotive maintainer for one of the UK’s leading rail freight operator and maintainer.
Never thought about joining the rail industry? Here’s why you should….
- Government backed industry with high investment.
- Excellent Salaries and benefits available.
- Competency based training tied to pay increases.
- Regular overtime to supplement pay
Mendip, Shepton Mallet, Bristol, South West, Yeovil, Glastonbury
Role and Responsibilities
- Carry out general mechanical maintenance across all rolling stock rail vehicles on a variety of components such as air braking, hydraulic systems & diesel engines.
- Fault diagnosis and rectification on mechanical, pneumatic, and hydraulic systems.
- Working to written maintenance instructions (VMOI) to complete examinations and inspections of the trains you will be working with.
- Working to engineering drawings and diagrams.
You will be a skilled mechanical technician with experience of working on large vehicles such as heavy plant, HGV’s, coaches, buses or military vehicles including aircrafts.
- Experience in maintenance and fault finding within a transport related engineering environment.
- Knowledge or experience of diesel engines.
- Must have a Level 2 qualification, or equivalent, in an engineering / mechanical / electrical discipline.
- Ability to navigate engineering drawings, blueprints, and diagrams, written technical instructions and manuals and follow processes.
- Full UK driving licence or locality to the depot is essential.
- Shifts are across a 3-shift pattern including nights and weekends.
Salary for this role is £45,000, OTE with overtime £50,000+.
About the Ford & Stanley Group
Ford & Stanley Ltd is committed to a policy of equal opportunities for all opportunity seekers. We shall always adhere to such a policy and will review on an on-going basis all aspects of recruitment to avoid unlawful or undesirable discrimination. We will treat everyone equally irrespective sex, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital or civil partnership status, age, disability, colour, race, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief or political beliefs and we place an obligation upon all staff to respect and act in accordance with the policy.