Mechanical Technician – Derby £23.25 an hour Umbrella
Are you based in or around the midlands and looking for an exciting change from your current position?
Ford & Stanley Talentwise, the Trade and Technical recruitment specialists, are looking for some Technicians to join the team with one of our clients based in Derby to conduct various maintenance activities across various Rolling Stock vehicles.
Role and Responsibilities
- Maintenance of Heavy Mechanical components of Rolling Stock
- Carrying out mechanical Fault-Finding and repairs
- Carry out maintenance and overhauls of railway vehicles
- Hands-on fitting work of Rolling Stock components
- You will be looking for an opportunity to work within an international business, conducting a variety of hands-on technical activities
- You will have previous experience in a similar role and in a similar background
- You will come from a Heavy Mechanical background
- You will have experience conducting fault finding, and carry out repairs and maintenance activities
- Comfortable interpreting complex engineering drawings and schematic diagrams
- Comfortable working in a dual-skilled technical position
- Experience working in an engineering environment
- You will ideally have experience od carrying our heavy maintenance on underframes and bogies on rolling stock
Likely Job Titles: HGV Technician, Locomotive Technician
About Ford & Stanley Group
Ford & Stanley Group are in the business of people and performance. Our mission is to create one million better workdays through facilitating great recruitment, leadership and occupational mental fitness.
Ford & Stanley Group Ltd is a Disability Confident Committed employer and is committed to a policy of equal opportunities for all opportunity seekers. We shall adhere to such a policy at all times and will review on an on-going basis all aspects of recruitment to avoid unlawful or undesirable discrimination. We will treat everyone equally irrespective of sex, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital or civil partnership status, age, disability, colour, race, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief or political beliefs and we place an obligation upon all staff to respect and act in accordance with the policy.