Electrical technicians, from Marine, automotive, aerospace, army or similar backgrounds required to apply their skills in an interesting Tram modification depot.
Due to a line extension between York Place and Newhaven, technicians are required to upgrade and improve a fleet of trams; to include installation, re-wiring, crimping and terminations to the trams.
Location (s): Edinburgh
Pay rate: £24.40 (Inside IR35)
Hours: Initially days based, please note this role may go onto shifts – so you will need to be flexible.
Role and Responsibilities
- Carrying out interior electrical modifications and refurbishments on a fleet of trams
- TPWS (Train protection and Warning Systems), AWS (Automatic Warning Systems), PIS (Passenger Information Systems), Traction, braking, doors, radios, CCTVs, HVAC units DOO (Driver only operations systems) and MVB (communication network system)
- Routing cables, electrical installation and maintaining wiring.
- Assemble looms, harnesses and complete crimping, soldering and terminating
- Using electrical testing and measuring equipment
- Carrying out work recording via both paperwork and computer (SAP)
- Working with a team of people on the trams to keep the ensure continuous improvement of the fleets
- Using electrical diagrams/schematic drawings to perform electrical modifications on to the Trams.
The ideal candidate will have worked in a similar position within Rolling Stock, aerospace, trams, automotive or marine.
- Understanding of wiring diagrams, Schematics and mechanical drawings
- Able to assemble looms, harnesses and complete crimping, soldering and terminating
- Minimum requirements NVQ Level 3 or equivalent in an electrical background
- Rolling stock, trams, aerospace, or marine experience
- Full UK driving licence
- NVQ Level 3 mechanical qualification.
About Ford & Stanley Group
Ford & Stanley Group are in the business of people and performance. Our mission is to create one million better workdays through facilitating great recruitment, leadership and occupational mental fitness.
Ford & Stanley Group Ltd is a Disability Confident Committed employer and is committed to a policy of equal opportunities for all opportunity seekers. We shall adhere to such a policy at all times and will review on an on-going basis all aspects of recruitment to avoid unlawful or undesirable discrimination. We will treat everyone equally irrespective sex, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital or civil partnership status, age, disability, colour, race, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief or political beliefs and we place an obligation upon all staff to respect and act in accordance with the policy.