Ford & Stanley Talentwise are seeking a large number of electrical fitters for a long term contract based in South East England, carrying out modifications, installation, exam and maintenance work on a fleet of rolling stock interiors.
This is an opportunity to work with one of the leading players in rail, who are one of the busiest commuter rail companies in the UK running more than 2,000 trains, and carrying nearly 600,000 passengers every day between London, Kent and East Sussex.
Ramsgate, Canterbury, Margate, Kent, Dover, Folkestone
Role and Responsibilities
- Fitment of a range of components on train carriage interiors and exteriors
- Strip out of components and re-fitment
- Safe use of tooling and equipment
- Working to strict safety-critical guidelines under tight time constraints
- You will be a Team player, who can quickly develop strong working relationships with colleagues, but also self-motivated and able to take ownership and responsibility of your own work and team.
- This is a high-paced environment that would suit someone who is able to stay positive and calm in difficult and stressful situations.
- The ideal candidate will have experience of electrical fitting or maintenance in any industry, whether that is automotive, rail, aerospace, HGV, plant, and many others.
- Due to the physically demanding nature of this role, the ideal candidate will be able to carry out manual tasks on a day-to-day basis.
Applications will close from midday on 03/03/2023
Likely Job Titles:
Modifications Technician, Electrical Fitter, Vehicle Builder
About Ford & Stanley Group
Ford & Stanley Group are in the business of people and performance. Our mission is to create one million better workdays through facilitating great recruitment, leadership and occupational mental fitness.
Ford & Stanley Group Ltd is a Disability Confident Committed employer and is committed to a policy of equal opportunities for all opportunity seekers. We shall adhere to such a policy at all times and will review on an on-going basis all aspects of recruitment to avoid unlawful or undesirable discrimination. We will treat everyone equally irrespective of sex, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital or civil partnership status, age, disability, colour, race, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief or political beliefs and we place an obligation upon all staff to respect and act in accordance with the policy.