Ford & Stanley Talentwise are seeking a USB Installation Technician for our clients fleet upgrade project in Belfast.
- Installing new Lighting Ballast
- USB charging point installation
- Toilet module modifications
- Electrical testing using computer diagnostics and Fluke Meter testing to complete speed tests on communication lines
Due to the number of USB ports to be installed, there is a need for a further technician who can be dedicated to these modifications. This work is mainly electrical so you will need to be able to read schematics and Work Plan Packages but will also need to have some mechanical skills and understanding. You will also be responsible for completing the electrical testing of the newly installed components.
Experience and Skill Set:
Technicians must be highly self-motivated and be able to work on their own initiative. This project is time-sensitive and requires candidates who are flexible and self-sufficient.
- Electrical background with experience in stripping and fitting coach equipment
- Electrical or Electromechanical qualification to at least Level 3 NVQ/ City & Guilds
- Ability to read and understand Schematic diagrams
- Electrically biased but with some mechanical experience.
- Experience in Rail, Automotive, Aerospace or Bus Industries
- Military experience – ideally ex REME.
Duration: 6 months+
Shifts: Monday – Friday 7.30am – 4pm (some evening and weekend Overtime may be available)
Start Date: ASAP
Other information: A pre-employment Drugs & Alcohol test and Medical must be passed prior to start.
*Please note this role will only be paid via Umbrella Company*
Ford & Stanley Ltd is committed to a policy of equal opportunities for all opportunity seekers. We shall and will review on an on-going basis all aspects of recruitment to avoid unlawful or undesirable discrimination. We will treat everyone equally irrespective sex, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital or civil partnership status, age, disability, colour, race, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief or political beliefs and we place an obligation upon all staff to respect and act in accordance with the policy.